December 19, 2022
Need help ventilating your basement? Call TemperaturePro Orlando at (407) 225-8903!
Basement ventilation is essential for preventing musty and dirty air and mold and mildew growth, but everyone knows how to ventilate a basement effectively. Excess humidity levels can harm the health of you and your loved ones, especially when bacteria, harmful black mold, and foul odors are present. Keep everyone safe by creating a dry, clean, and irritant-free environment.
Finished basements with proper ventilation make excellent entertaining and additional living spaces. Options include mechanical, portable, and natural ventilation, or a combination of the three. Our team at TemperaturePro Orlando can recommend the best types of ventilation systems for your needs.
1. Use Mechanical Ventilation
Using mechanical ventilation is one of the best steps to take when learning how to ventilate a basement. These electric-powered devices work well to regulate airflow. You can expand your existing ductwork with HEPA filters into the space to draw out old, stale air and return clean air.
You can use mechanical ventilation in a few ways, such as:
- Install top-quality exhaust fans in basement bathrooms to remove excess moisture from showers. Ensure yours have ventilation pipes.
- Install a heat recovery ventilator to remove radon and for better air exchange. Contact a specialized radon removal professional if you suspect radon is present in the home for the safest solution.
- Put an air conditioner in your basement window, or use a portable one for ventilation and cooler air. At TemperaturePro Orlando, we offer many professional air conditioning services and can find the perfect basement AC unit for you.
2. Place Air Purifiers for Portable Ventilation
Air purifiers require no construction projects, doors, or windows and are great tools to move air throughout basements. As the name suggests, air purifiers filter out dirt, allergens, bacteria, mildew, and other small particles. They send clean, healthy air into the basement.
There are many options for basement air purifiers that work for all price points and needs. Purifiers are affordable and simple ways to prevent unhealthy air and can make a basement safe and habitable. Dehumidifiers can also help clean and filter the space.
3. Utilize Natural Ventilation
Natural ventilation requires no machines and is a free way of using natural air currents. Using it alone may not be enough, so adding mechanical and portable ventilation is even better.
If you don’t already have any, install some windows in your basement to help circulate air. Leave doors and windows on either side of your basement for good airflow and a cross breeze. All basement windows and doors must be easy to open and close for this to be effective.
Call TemperaturePro Orlando for Proper Basement Ventilation
Still uncertain about how to ventilate a basement for the cleanest air? Our expert at TemperaturePro Orlando can assess the layout of your basement and its access points to find the best ventilation methods. We are the experts that Florida residents trust and are ready to help you breathe better air.
Contact the most dependable HVAC company in Orlando, FL, for ventilation system services by calling us today at (407) 225-8903!